top of page

What is Gift Aid?

Donate Now

Help us make a difference

Thank you for your donation!

As a taxpayer, you have already paid tax on the money that you donate to charity - but you can allow CCA to reclaim this by sending us a Gift Aid declaration.  Then we will be able to claim back the 25% tax that you originally paid so a donation of £100 is actually worth £125 to CCA.


Make sure you've paid enough tax 

If you give through Gift Aid, you need to make sure that you've actually paid the amount of tax that the charity will claim back. For example,  The tax could have been paid in the following ways: 

  • Income

  • Savings

  • Investment or rental income

  • Capital Gains

Higher rate taxpayers 

If you pay tax at the higher rate of 40% or above, you can claim back the difference between the higher and basic rate on the value of your donation:

  •  Through your Self Assessment tax return

  • By contacting HMRC and asking them to amend your tax code


Further information please consult the HMRC website. 

bottom of page